Nominated For a Blogger Recognition Award
I can’t believe it! I am so stinking excited! After such a rough couple of months with my Grandmother and then my father-in-law dying within a few months of each other this was one of the best gifts I could have received.
Thank you so much to Kristenne over at misisblog.com. Kristenne is a young mom who is blogging about her journey as a new wife and mother and providing tips and encouragement along the way. If you have a moment, go check her blog out, it’s packed full of great information.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
What are the rules for the Blogger Recognition Award?
- Write a post to show your award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers to nominate.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started
My blog actually started because of my oldest two sons and husband. My husband tells me all of the time that I could write a book about my life. One day I jokingly told him that maybe I should write a blog, and he quickly agreed. My oldest son was so excited and told all of his friends at school (how could I possibly let him down) and my middle son immediately offered to help me brainstorm (apparently he was now a pro after learning about it the week before in school). After receiving a ton of support from my family and friends I thought I would go for it. Blogging has been such a wonderful experience. The fact that I can help others and encourage them is worth all of the gold in the world me. I write about my health conditions, life trials, and about being a mom, wife and nurse.
Advice To New Bloggers
1. Get connected: Meet other bloggers in your niche, they are such a wealth of knowledge. I know it can be intimidating at first but it’s worth it. When I first started I was under the false belief that it was a cut throat world, but I promise it’s not! Almost all of the bloggers I’ve talked to have been helpful and encouraging (there is always at least one scrooge though, just ignore that one). I found face book to be the easiest to get connected with.
2. Don’t Give Up: It can feel overwhelming at first trying to set up a schedule, publish blog posts, interact with social media, etc… Stay with it and it will get easier. I learned quickly that you don’t have to post everyday, I was trying to post 3 times a week and with 3 boys, a husband, a house, a full time job and an hour + commute, and the death of my Grandma and my father-in-law I became so overwhelmed I almost stopped blogging all together. But thanks to my family and the bloggers I met I have persisted and love it all the more. There was a reason you started blogging , embrace it and find what works for you.
My Nominees for the Blog Recognition Award
- Simply Filled
- Chefing Around
- Kelly Seeks
- Boom Xscape
- The Out of Box Salesman
- Urban Suburban Mommy
- Lift Like A Girl
- Tutor Mandarin Chinese
- Dvn Ms Kmz Time Travel
- Evan’s Atlas
- 2 Sides 2 Every Story
- Technology Webspace
Subscribe to My Momma Bear Life
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.